Friday, September 12, 2008

Stay home Ike. Tina ain't here*

Hi all. Yes, we are in the path of a very large hurricane, so I thought I'd write a little note here. I'll update you on the other side. It's expected to be a fairly major storm here in Austin but we're not on the coast and Ike, while extremely large, is not an exceptionally strong hurricane. I think we should be okay. The main concern around here is hail damage. We're going to put the car in the carport--we usually park on the street--to minimize the threat of damage. Other than that, I think we should be fine.

Okay, this is my hurricane post. I think I'll write another to update you on what else is happening. And there will be some pictures soon. We don't have an internet connection at home and I keep forgetting to put the pictures on my laptop so I can post them.




*as seen on a restaurant sign on my way down to St. Ed's this morning. I thought it was funny.

No comments: