Friday, July 4, 2008

Fall plans

Most obviously, we're moving to Austin. That's going to be exciting.

Less obviously, we have some others plans--stuff I'm pretty excited about. Let's have a list.

1. Allison will attend fine arts preschool! I realize I mention this every three minutes or so but I'm just happy for her. I think she'll enjoy it.

2. We'll find a new church. There's one that looks really great from the website. Barring any weirdness not represented there--you know, an impromptu goat sacrifice--we'll probably make that our new home. I'm excited. It's a bigger church than we attend now, with a big children's program and a big 20's and 30's group.

3. Speaking of children's activities, Allison will start Awana in the fall. Or, if you ask her, iguana. Mostly, she's looking forward to the Awana grand prix--sort of a pinewood derby event. She wants her entry to be pink with flowers and butterflies and a princess with a crown. Sigh.

4. I'm getting a wagon for the kids. I want to pull them down to the park. Which is only a mile away!

5. I'm teaching a world religions class. Should be fun. Just me and thirty 18 years olds who know nothing.

6. We're planning some road trips. Flying is beyond our budget, which is beside the fact that our kids don't travel well by plane. We discovered recently that they're great in the car and since we're closer to the west coast, we're going to make some trips. At Christmas, we'll drive to California. We'll see some friends and family in the bay area, then on to redding for the holiday. Then, over the summer, we'll drive to Spokane. I can't wait to show Allison where I grew up, let her ride the carousel and feed the garbage goat. Oh oh! And visit the campbell house! That's not to mention let my family actually meet Frances. The next Christmas, we're talking about PA.

7. We were talking about including a camping trip to Priest Lake on our Spokane trip but I'm not sure. It all depends. On what? On whether we have the third baby by then. We'll see...we're going to start trying to get pregnant in September. It took a whole year to get pregnant with Frances, so we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Those are the basics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#5 will be ahoot-- you can tell them anything! They'll never know. On a more serious note, depending on if a certain coleague and I get our way, I may ask to see a copy of your World Religions syllabus if that would be ok.

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I didn't proofread that last message.

Good lord, I'm writing like my students now...

Annie said...

you're looking to add a world religions course?

in any case, I'm all about the syllabus sharing. just let me know if you want it.