Marlayna is a little girl we knew from church and she was one of Allison's best friends when we lived in Atlanta. They are just the same age and it was just a little girl love-fest every time we got them together. The rest of us love Marlayna, too. She's such a petite, pretty little thing but she's never been shy about telling anybody and everybody what's what. She's quite the little lady. I think about her sitting between me and Allison in our pew in the second row. I think of the day she pointed up at the crucifix and said, Jesus is wearing a diaper! And I remember the day she looked up and said, is Allison your little girl? I told her yes and she followed up with, Can I be your little girl, too? Yes, sweetheart, you certainly can. She's her mother's little girl and she's definitely her daddy's girl but she's got my heart, too.
For those of you who don't know Marlayna's story, she was diagnosed in January of 2007 with a brain tumor. After 18 months of chemo, she's doing quite well. I had an email, as I'm sure some of you did, asking for donations to Team Marlayna, for a fundraising walk. I decided to throw it open to ya'll, just in case you didn't see it or in case you don't know Marlayna.
Anything will help.
http://www.firstgiving.com/marlayna
No comments:
Post a Comment