Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yah, so....we cut Francie's hair, right?

Allison's hair parts nicely on one side and I prefer no bangs to start, so she can make her own choices and there's no awkward growing out phase, you know? So anyway, Frances is another story. Her hair kind of grows in a swirl from the top of her head, which is to say it sort of parts horizontally at the crown, which means it falls in her face in the front but there isn't really a good place to part it.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense. Just trust me. Bangs seemed like a good idea, giving the hair growing in odd directions situation. So we trimmed the front--Joe did it, kinda jaggety--and it sort of looks cute, in a mullett-esque way. I would take a picture but we don't have a camera, so Joe and I came up with this illustration.

A mullet is business in the front party in the back, right?

Frances's hair is dumb in the front (a la Jim Carrey) and dumber in the back (a la Jeff Daniels)













which, if you think about it, might be kind of awesome.

5 comments:

jered said...

So what are you going to do to ... TOTALLY redeem yourself?!

Anonymous said...

I suspect Frances will have the same feeling looking at photos of herself as a child as I do when I see the pictures with me in plaid pants. "What the f*%k were my parents thinking?"

Probably best you don't have a camera...

Annie said...

oh, I am in the family photos sporting the plaid pants myself. I so totally know the feeling. actually, the very worst picture--aside from the fourth grade I forgot to comb my mullet, yes I had one, class picture where the photographer actually thought I was a boy--is the one where my sister and I are posing in matching bikini tops/grass skirt combos. We're on either side of my cousin, who is wearing a chewbacca t-shirt. Everything about it is utterly classic.

Modest Mama said...

This sounds awesome! Are you getting a camera soon. We have one that works about 57% of the time. I could sent it to you. It hasn't been run over and so it probably works better than yours. I still don't have the address of you new hippie residence... BTW we know a Catholic hippie family here- lived in Boulder, etc. Know what they got? Headlice! Feel itchy?

Anonymous said...

Annie, that is fabulous! I've seen that photo. Well, not THAT photo, but that photo.

Completely sums up the age...

Is every adult chain smoking off camera (and on!) as well, or was that just my family?